As an Amazon & Walmart Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Maybe you are the one who always prone to start his/her day with a hot cup of coffee. Coffee lovers like you must have a coffee maker in the home to make well-flavored coffee. However, if you are using a coffee maker frequently in your home, repeatedly using this machine may cause the formation of a thin layer of unwanted coffee residue and mineral junk inside the coffee machine.
These minerals and coffee residues dangerously help to develop the bacterial molds into your coffee machine. And the most dangerous thing is that these bacterial molds are much enough to degrade the coffee flavor you are going to drink. Besides this, a long time keeping the junk into the maker creates a possibility to degrade the proper functionality of the machine as well. So, if you are using a coffee maker into your kitchen, you should know all the details process of How to clean a coffee maker frequently and efficiently.
So let’s see all the user-friendly methods to clean your coffee making stuff very nicely-
10 Ways to Clean Coffee Maker
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Vinegar
- At first, thoroughly clean the carafe and remove the used coffee filter.
- Prepare a vinegar solution by following the user manual. Typically you can add 1-part white Vinegar (Distilled) with 1-part warm water to accomplish the cleaning process.
- Run a half brew cycle by filling the water reservoir with this solution.
- Keep the solution as it is for half an hour or one hour to remove all molds and minerals from the machine.
- Again run the remaining half brew cycle.
- After the cycle is complete, discard the dirty solution into the sink.
- Clean the Coffee pot/ carafe with mild soap and water.
- Clean the machine with a sponge applying mild soap or concentrated vinegar solution onto it.
- To remove the smell of Vinegar, let run three more brewing cycles with water-filled carafe. Never forget to change the water each time.
- Reorganize all the machine parts properly.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Ice and Salt
It is a thorough process to clean the Coffee machine.
- At first, crush some ice cube. Add one tablespoon of salt into the carafe, then add some crushed Ice. Scrub these two ingredients well onto the carafe surface. Once scrubbing is over, rinse the carafe with normal water and mild soap.
- Once cleaning is finished, wipe it with a dry kitchen towel.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Baking Soda
-Baking soda is an excellent ingredient to clean your coffee maker along with other kitchen appliances. It can remove junks as well as can remove any surface stain effectively.
- Pour one cup of warm water onto your carafe.
- Add half a cup of baking soda into this water.
- Stir this mixture well.
- Turn on the brewing action. Run a full cycle.
- Once one full cycle of brewing is over, discard all the dirty solution into the sink.
- Fill the Coffee reservoir with fresh water.
- Repeat one or two brew cycles.
- Clean the outer surface of the coffee machine by soap and water.
- Wipe properly with dry cloths.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Lemon juice
You can clean your coffee maker by using lemon juice too.
- At first, clean all the superficial dirt from inside the coffee machine.
- Run a brew cycle.
- Discard all the dirty solution from inside the reservoir.
- Prepare a solution of half cup lemon juice + half cup water in a separate bowl.
- Keep this mixture into the reservoir.
- Wait for a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, complete a full brew cycle again.
- Discard the dirty lemon juice.
- Again run a full brew cycle with water. Repeat until you feel a pleasant smell from inside of the machine.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Dishwashing Liquid
It is the most effortless and fastest cleaning procedure, which gets a lot of popularity from the coffee machine owner.
- At first, run a full brew cycle with water. It will help to remove all unwanted residue.
- Remove all the spare parts of the machine and keep all of them into the sink.
- Clean all of them with dishwashing liquid and water. (We suggest soaking all the detachable parts a minimum 30 minutes before thoroughly clean them.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Borax
- Spread the borax powder onto the coffee maker. Wipe it gently with a sponge.
- Run a half brew cycle with equal parts of Vinegar with equal parts of water.
- Wait for 1 hour.
- Complete the remaining half brew cycle.
- Again run a full brew cycle with distilled water.
- Discard the dirty water.
- You can run the brew cycle once or twice if you feel the smell the Vinegar is not eradicated.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Citric Acid
Using a mixture of citric acid solutions also can clean your coffee maker. It is the easiest and expensive method to clean the machine.
- At first, remove all parts (Like, filter basket, carafe) of the coffee maker, which you can.
- Wash all the spare parts with mild soap and warm water.
- If you want to make your carafe shiny as new, rinse the inner portion of the carafe with a mixture of dry grains, mild soap, and a little bit of water.
- Make a citric acid-water solution at a ratio of 1:250. That means you have to add one tablespoon of citric acid with one gallon of normal water.
- Fill the water reservoir with this mixture.
- Fill the reservoir with this solution.
- Run one full brew cycle.
- Let sit the solution for 30 minutes.
- Again run the machine for one more cycle.
- Discard all the citric solution.
- Run two or three more brew cycle.
- Thoroughly wipe the whole machine surface with a sponge.
- Wipe the machine with a dry cloth.
- Reassemble all spare parts correctly.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Coca-Cola
You can use coca-cola to clean your coffee maker too. Add one can of cola into the water reservoir and add sufficient water to fill the reservoir. Run half a brew cycle. Let sit the cola for around half an hour. Again run the remaining half brew cycle. Cola can help you to remove the bulky junk and stain from your coffee maker very easily. After cleaning by cola, use water and mild dish soap to clean the maker.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Bleach
- Prepare a fine mixer of half a cup of bleach powder with 2 cups of water.
- Place a filter paper onto the coffee maker.
- Pour the solution through the filter paper onto the mixer.
- Add more water
- Run the coffee machine.
- After a few minutes off it, discard this bleach-water solution.
- Run one or two more brews to remove the flavor of bleach.
- Gently wipe the whole machine surface with soap water.
- Wipe with a dry cloth.
How to Clean Coffee Maker With Alcohol
Interestingly, alcohol like vodka itself can be a helpful cleaning agent for your coffee maker. Vodka has no odd odor or flavor, so it doesn’t go to impact your coffee maker in the future. If you purchase a new coffee maker, you can at first thoroughly wash your coffee maker with vodka. Vodka can perform as a strong detergent dishwasher, so to remove the plastic scant from the maker.
- Mix a solution of three-portion of water with one-portion of vodka.
- Complete a full brew cycle with this vodka mixture.
- Once this cycle is complete, discard the vodka mixture into your kitchen sink.
- Run one more cycle only with fresh water.
- Clean the machine’s outer part by wiping it with a sponge containing soap and water.
The 10 methods described above on how to clean coffee makers-are some best means apply to home and coffee shops too. This process is applicable for all automatic coffee making machine along with stovetop as well.
So, among these ten methods, whichever you prefer to apply, don’t think twice to apply it. Only one thing you have to bear on your mind very seriously. You have to wash the coffee machine repeatedly with potable water. Repeated washing of your machine will prevent the remaining of any cleaning agent’s residue as well as other unwanted dirt too.
As an Amazon & Walmart Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.